Welcome to Healy Medical Centre
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Update on Flu vaccination for patients group age 50-64 years old
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
Remember we are open - we have made it easier than ever to contact the surgery
We now offer Online telephone consultations that can be booked by patients at the convenient time for GP to contact them back to discuss medical condition. This service is available from 1st of July.
For more information, please contact the practice and the reception staff will guide you through the steps
Please do not attend the practice if you have COVID symptoms
- Please attend your appointment alone if possible
- Please attend your appointment at the correct booking time
- Wear a face covering
- Follow social distancing on the way to the surgery and within the practice
- Ensure you follow any advice as displayed on posters or advised by staff
- Try to use the toilet and wash your hands before leaving your house. The toilets in the practice are not in use
- Staff will allow you to enter in the building when the clinician is ready to see you and they will direct you towards the clinical room
- Some patients may be able to wait inside but we have limited space due to social distancing - reception will advise accordingly
Dear patient, we want to assure you are doing everything we can to protect our staff during this period, more specifically:
- We have carried out a risk assessment, our main actions are to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. Some of the things we have put in place are listed above for changes to patients entering the practice and the service we offer. We have also risk assessed our staff members following latest guidance and advice
- We already had a triage system (patient first) which we are able to continue delivering the service, speaking to patients before they attend the practice, to ensure they do not have symptoms before the clinician will see them for treatment and care
- We will see patients when necessary after triage and we will follow the guidelines using the appropriate PPE
- We have adopted video consultations where needed to reduce face to face contact
- We follow Government and NHS advice and guidance and keep our staff updated - especially adherence to social distancing, frequent hand washing, hand sanitizer available and sneeze screens up at the reception
- We are further supporting our clinical staff by holding regular huddles for clinicians to share guidance and best support for our patients
- We ensure that there is regular cleaning of frequently used areas
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The practice has wheelchair access, a lift and a toilet specifically designed for disabled people.
New service is available for patients to access online and help with their symptoms.
Please click on banner below to check your symptoms and to consult with your doctor online.
(Site updated 23/09/2020)