Clinics & Services
The practice nurse runs the following clinics within the practice:
- Asthma clinic
- BP clinic
- Diabetic clinic
- COPD clinic
- NHS health checks
- Travel vaccinations
The practice nurses can carry out pregnancy tests and also give advice on healthy eating, diet and other health issues.
The following services are also available within the practice for patients with diabetes:
- Diabetic Dietician – comes to the practice once a month
- Diabetes Nurse Specialist – Gillian Roe comes to the practice
- Heart Failure Nurse – comes to the practice once a month
- Derman Counsellor – for Turkish patients only
- First Steps - comes to the practice week
There are many things that impact our health and wellbeing, including feeling isolated or struggling with practical challenges. We have Social Prescribers in our practice who can speak with adults registered with the practice. They will ask you about what is happening in your life, what you enjoy, and what is getting in the way. The Social Prescriber might suggest services and activities that might help you or simply work with you to build your skills and confidence. They can tell you about community based services, e.g. lunch clubs, gardening groups, benefits advice, exercise groups.
Please ask your GP to refer you to social prescribing.
For further information - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKjJMyLKvQ&t=63s
To learn more about social prescribing - https://www.family-action.org.uk/social-prescribing-city-and-hackney-service/
Baby Clinic and Health Visitor
- New born babies 6 week check-up, BCG is done via referral from the surgery to the relevant service (changes apply due to COVID)
- Childhood Vaccinations - Every Tuesday from 13:30 – 15:00 (changes apply due to COVID)
- Health Visitor Clinic - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Thursday of every month (changes apply due to COVID)
The local sexual health clinics are named below and if you would like to be seen you may contact 020 7683 4103 to book an appointment.
The Ivy Centre, St Leonard’s Hospital, Nuttall Street, London N1 5LZ.
Lower Clapton Health Centre, 6 Lower Clapton Road, Clapton, London E5 0PQ.