Welcome to Healy Medical Centre
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
We urge everyone eligible who has not yet had their first vaccine to book on the national booking system or call 119.
If you have had your first vaccine, please make sure you have your second vaccine to ensure maximum protection.
If you have specific concerns about taking the vaccine and would like to talk to a health professional please contact your GP.
There is comprehensive information, guidance, and answers to questions, including vaccination information for pregnant women, frontline health and social care staff and carers at COVID-19 Vaccination programme | East London Health & Care Partnership (eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk)
Getting the help you need
Some consultations are over the phone and via video but we will assess your situation and invite you into the practice if needed.
We can arrange same-day appointments if you need urgent care but please don't visit without an appointment. Appointments will be held in the best way to keep you safe from Covid.
You can also contact 111, day or night, for other urgent health advice - including if you have concerns about your Covid-19 symptoms.
Please remember that 999 and A&E are for emergencies.
Please help reduce infections, protect the NHS and keep each other safe by following the latest rules.
Help to Stop Smoking - Did you know that if you can stop smoking for 28 days you are five times more likely to stay smokefree, and Stoptober leads smokers through a detailed step-by-step programme to help them achieve this goal. For help, information and support, or to make an appointment with an adviser, call 0800 046 99 46
For more details please access https://www.smokefreehackney.org/
Remember we are open - we have made it easier than ever to contact the surgery
We now offer Online telephone consultations that can be booked by patients via NHS APP at the convenient time for GP to contact them back to discuss medical condition. This service is available from 1st of July.
For more information, please contact the practice and the reception staff will guide you through the steps
Please do not attend the practice if you have COVID symptoms
- Please attend your appointment alone if possible
- Please attend your appointment at the correct booking time
- Wear a face covering
- Follow social distancing on the way to the surgery and within the practice
- Ensure you follow any advice as displayed on posters or advised by staff
- Try to use the toilet and wash your hands before leaving your house. We try to minimize using the toilet in the practice due to COVID
- Staff will allow you to enter in the building when the clinician is ready to see you and they will direct you towards the clinical room
- Some patients may be able to wait inside but we have limited space due to social distancing - reception will advise accordingly
Dear patient, we want to assure you are doing everything we can to protect our staff during this period, more specifically:
- We have carried out a risk assessment, our main actions are to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. Some of the things we have put in place are listed above for changes to patients entering the practice and the service we offer. We have also risk assessed our staff members following latest guidance and advice
- We already had a triage system (patient first) which we are able to continue delivering the service, speaking to patients before they attend the practice, to ensure they do not have symptoms before the clinician will see them for treatment and care
- We will see patients when necessary after triage and we will follow the guidelines using the appropriate PPE
- We have adopted video consultations where needed to reduce face to face contact
- We follow Government and NHS advice and guidance and keep our staff updated - especially adherence to social distancing, frequent hand washing, hand sanitizer available and sneeze screens up at the reception
- We are further supporting our clinical staff by holding regular huddles for clinicians to share guidance and best support for our patients
- We ensure that there is regular cleaning of frequently used areas
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The practice has wheelchair access, a lift and a toilet specifically designed for disabled people.
(Site updated 18/06/2021)